5 Reasons to buy a home NOW
Why should you buy a home now?
Everyone likes lists… so, here goes:
1. Rates are historically low. I mean INSANELY low…
2. Rates are expected to go up, there is a HUGE cost in waiting
3. Homes are appreciating between 4-5% annually. That $300,000 house today could be $315,000 in a year. Combine that with rising rates and it’s a HUGE impact to affordability.
4. Much easier to qualify for a mortgage. Most people that are renting think they aren’t able to get a mortgage. We are helping more and more people everyday realize the dream of home ownership.
5. Forced savings… every payment pays down principle. If/when you sell down the road there are also tax benefits (mortgage interest is deductible) and as long as you have lived in your home for two of the past five years, you can exclude up to $250,000 for an individual or $500,000 for a married couple of profit from capital gains.